Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week 1 Update

Welcome back, Explorer families!

We had a great first week in 7th-grade Humanities. We spent most of our first three days getting to know one another, exploring how we learn best, reflecting on growth mindset, and getting ready to dive into our English and Social Studies curriculum. We ended the short week with a great school-wide Back to School rally!

This week, please be on the lookout for a handout from me with some important information for you, including signing up for Remind101 messages, the 7th-grade Humanities syllabus, and a link to a form to tell me more about your student. I will also include that information in next week's update.

As I told my Explorers on Friday, we will begin class each day with 10 minutes of Silent Sustained Reading (SSR). Students should bring a book to read every day. SSR starts on Monday, so please take a moment this weekend to confirm with your student that they have a book in their backpack, ready to go.

I can be reached via email at any time, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. I'm looking forward to a great year!

Mrs. Ellis
mellis@westlakecharter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment