Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week 8 Update

Families,

Have a wonderful Fall Break! I really believe in honoring breaks from school, so your student does not have any homework for English or Social Studies due when they return. If your student has missing work, this week would be a good time to tackle some of it and check in with me during WELL when we return. Break is also a great time to accomplish some Independent Reading! Please also remember that this is a break for teachers as well! While I will be putting in a few grades this week, I am looking forward to spending the week with my family as well!

This past week in English we continued reading and discussing The Giver. We will finish the novel when we return from break, then launch into our first major writing unit.

In Social Studies, we learned about the Five Pillars of Islam and had some great conversations about respecting cultures that are different or foreign to us. I was really impressed with the respect and maturity that all Explorers showed this week!

Again, have a wonderful break!

Mrs. Ellis
mellis@westlakecharter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment